Search our knowledge base
Want to speak to someone from the team?
7th April 2022
Today’s release is a minor release with fixes, or styling enhancements.
Extend the amount of people picker results
By default the people picker returns up to 8 results when using the people picker functionality. We have today extended this by creating a configuration setting where you can extend this list to show greater than 10 results.
Agenda creation with undefined speaker
In extremely rare circumstances the agenda component would display an error message if the speaker field was not saved correctly. This component has been updated to handle this scenario where an agenda speaker could not be found or applied correctly.
Minor style improvements
Minor styling improvements throughout the UI have been made, none of these change the user experience or how content flows.
Board Connect V2.1.1 is a minor release.
When reordering an agenda item, agenda order would save.
This bug has been resolved and deployed to production with confirmation of rectification
Board Connect V2 is a major release comprising of a completely new user interface, and many new capabilities added to the system.
- New User Interface across the entire solution including mobile and table
- Microsoft Teams themes support; Board Connect now supports all three Microsoft themes including Light, Dark, High contrast
- Board Members can respond directly to the meeting invitation from Board Connect
- Voting control now added to Board Connect; Meeting owners can now create a poll and assign the poll to the team, board members, or associate to a meeting
- Mark attendance component now supports three options, attended in person, attended via teleconference, did not attend
- Meeting minutes; when a meeting is created a corresponding OneNote section is created, when an agenda item is created a corresponding OneNote page is created
- Templates moved to configuration page
- Geo location; When installing Board Connect, you can now choose what data centre Board Connect should be hosted in. We are currently only hosting out of Australia Southeast, however – will be bringing on many data centres in the next two months
- Performance optimizations, bugfixes
From today you will see a link within the meeting invitation that directs the user to the meeting page within Board Connect.
- When adding Board Connect to additional teams, users were experiencing a flickering error message. This has now been resolved.
From today you’ll notice a few new key features to benefit every Board Member using Board Connect. We’ve made the following improvements:
- Join meeting link: a ‘Join meeting’ button now appears on the Board Connect landing page from 30 minutes before the scheduled meeting start time, until 30 minutes after the scheduled meeting end time
- Teams meeting join details: details for joining an online Teams meeting are no longer stored within the meeting description section of the meeting page, but are now displayed in their own section on the meeting page
- Team administrator chat: a ‘chat’ button has been introduced beside the name of the team administrator, which will launch a Teams chat window to get in touch with the administrator
- Record meeting attendance: meeting owners can now easily mark which of the invited participants attended the meeting, as a record of attendance.
- Quick add board members: when creating a new meeting, you can now click a button in the new meeting form to add all of the listed board members to the meeting invite at once
- Meeting link: you can now generate a meeting deep link to share with colleagues which will open Board Connect directly in the meeting view
- Agenda re-ordering: we’ve added new abilities to re-arrange the order of agenda items in a meeting
- Agenda time allocation: you can now select how many minutes to allocate to each agenda item to make up the total of your meeting duration
- Agenda start and end time: agenda item controls shows what time each agenda item is scheduled to start and end, based on the agenda order and time allocations
- Agenda completion: agenda item controls now include the ability to mark an agenda item as complete, to help attendees keep track as the meeting progresses
- Board member list: a dedicated section will now display the designated members of the board, rather than all members of the Microsoft Team
- License display: the board configuration page has been updated to include the license type for the current Board Connect instance
- Open documents configuration: team owners can now change a setting to determine whether documents in Board Connect should open within the Microsoft Teams app or within the browser.
Non-functional / technical improvements
- Technical optimisation and improved overall performance of Board Connect
- Guest user access support allows guest users in your tenant (who are added to a Board Connect Team) to enjoy full interaction with Board Connect, the same as a licensed user would
- Updated lists structure (a base for future performance optimizations)
- Reduced scope of app permissions (Now only requires User.Read, User.ReadBasic.All, offline_access, Group.ReadWrite.All, Sites.Manage.All, Calendars.ReadWrite)
- Online Meeting no longer a separate entity; it is now a part of Outlook Event
- Login is not required for the installation process
- General improvements to the trial process
Version 1.0 of Board Connect has been release. This initial release provides the core functionality of the software as a service. Including:
- Management of meetings – Capability to create, edit, cancel and effectively manage board or committee focused meetings.
- Add template files – the ability to upload template files that can be consistently used across your board and subsequent meetings
- Meeting topics – create and manage the agenda / topics of your meeting effectively
- Meeting resources – add a template file as a resource to your meeting, as well as the ability to upload your own meeting resource.